theatrEurope is an association of theatre and performance practitioners, educators and students from across the continent of Europe. It offers individual membership to belong to an association focussed on collaboration and the realisation of active projects. It promotes a greater understanding of all areas of practice through an interdisciplinary creative network, develops and encourages life long learning, and offers guidance and support to emerging talent.
theatrEurope was developed through European professional theatre practitioners and educators working together in OISTAT Scenofest 2007 for the Prague Quadrennial. It aims to follow the principals developed by OISTAT and work alongside OISTAT centres to create European based activities.
- Provide project-based activity for theatre practitioners/students from across the European continent.
- Offer membership to individual practitioners/students from across all areas of theatre and performance, both professional and educational.
- Offer individual practitioners the opportunity to develop collaborative networks with Europe.
- Work as an association of individual practitioners/students, in collaboration with existing national and international organizations.
- Actively encourage and promote membership of OISTAT
- Promote collaboration and networking across all disciplines within theatre and performance in the shared goal of creating a greater understanding of current practice and culture.
- Promote outstanding young European theatre practitioners.
- Provide an active support network for the development of future theatre and performance practice.
- Provide the potential, through application, for mentoring by leading professional practitioners.
- Provide discounts on theatrEurope associated workshops, seminars, events and other activities.